A New home heating and cooling (HVAC) system is an investment in your family’s comfort. A Sears central air conditioner or Sears heat pump can provide long term efficiencies and savings. Our consultant will come to your home for a no cost evaluation and recommend a Home Comfort system that meets your family’s needs for comfort, improved energy efficiency and budget. Our expert installers provide professional and efficient installation. Add to this the Sears warranty (in most cases 10 years parts and labour protection), and you’ll have peace of mind for years to come.
5 things to prepare for winter’s heating season
1) With the Heat and Humidity gone, you can shut off the breaker on your Air Conditioner. If you use a cover, put it back on, but be sure there is at least a 3 cm space at the bottom. You need the air to flow under the cover, and not create an inviting home for mice and other rodents who will enjoy nibbling on your systems wiring.
2) Do an inspection of your furnace/mechanical room to ensure that flammable items, like paint cans and cleaners have not accumulated around the furnace during the summer.
3) If you have not changed or cleaned your furnace filter since the beginning of summer, now is the time. This will ensure your warm air is clean and moving through your system properly. You might want to inspect and vacuum out your heat vents, and particularly the return air vents.
4) If you have a humidifier, make sure is it clean and ready to go. Also check to be sure the programming on your Thermostat has not been modified in the off season. Finally, do a test; turn on of the furnace, to be sure it is working as it should.
5) If your Heating system is “newer” but more than a couple years old, you should think about having it serviced on an annual basis to keep it operating at maximum efficiency. If your Heating system is 12 year old or more, and you think now is the time to consider a replacement....call Sears Heating & Cooling at 1-866-506-7779 or visit searsheatingandcooling.ca
Why Sears For Heating And Cooling
When you choose Sears Heating & Cooling, you can enjoy peace of mind. Invite one of our professionals into your home today for a free consultation.
Sears Heating & Cooling has been committed to providing Canadian homeowners with quality home comfort products and services for more than 45 years.
When you invest in a quality heating and/or cooling product you want to be secure in your choice. That’s why every Sears brand furnace, air conditioner and heat pump comes with an exceptional warranty program. You will get up to a 10 year warranty on parts and labour on your new equipment, and your system will be serviced by the very people who installed it.